Regarded as the architectural centrepiece of the Maritime Greenwich, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the buildings date back to the late 17th century.
Designed by Christopher Wren, the buildings were constructed on the banks of the Thames as a hospital for seaman. The hsopital closed in 1869, then reopened as the Royal Naval College, Greenwich from 1873 until 1998.
Access to the grounds is free, but there are also various paid tours available of the grounds and buildings.
- 395 m from Cutty Sark
- 0.6 km from Island Gardens
- 0.9 km from Greenwich